- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- Corporate GovernanceBankingFinance Regulations/ComplianceFinTech BusinessesCross-border Financial TransactionsInternational LitigationComplianceOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActOther Breaches of Antitrust LawsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasWhistle BlowingMoney LaunderingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyPhilippinesIndonesiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastAfrica
- Admitted in Japan (1997)
Admitted in New York (2007)
Chika Igarashi has extensive experience advising banks, financial institutions and other corporate clients, most of which operate their businesses globally, on compliance, regulatory and a wide-range of governance matters.
Chika’s practice involves, both domestically and in a foreign context, among others, providing strategic advice on dealing with governmental authorities with respect to various compliance and regulatory issues, including data privacy related matters and governmental investigations, providing support in dispute resolutions, and functioning as the external helpline contact for employee harassment and other complaints.
Chika also belongs to the Middle East, Africa, and Natural Resources & Energy Practice teams at Nishimura & Asahi.
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Keio University (LL.B.)
- 2016 - 2020
- Outside Director of Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd.
- 2015 -
- Member of the Committee of Experts (Tokyo District Court)
- United Nations Headquarters in New York