- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&ACorporate DisputesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCross-border Transactions (General)Lobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public PolicyPublic Interest ActivitiesVietnam/Mekong AreaOther Asian Countries
- Admitted in Japan (1998)
Admitted in New York (2005)
Registered Foreign Attorney in Vietnam (2010)
Hikaru leads our Vietnam practice, providing legal advice on a broad range of areas in relation to foreign investment into Vietnam, including green field investment in restricted areas, the food and beverages industry, M&A transactions, general corporate matters and labor matters, as well as exits from investments by foreign investors. In collaboration with her partners in Tokyo, she has also handled various crisis management cases and dispute resolution cases for foreign investors.
She took the initiative in launching the firm’s ASEAN practice in 2012 following the establishment of our Ho Chi Minh City office in 2010, and our Hanoi office in 2011. Since 2012, she has served concurrently as head of the two offices and as the Partner-in-Charge of our Vietnam practice. She has been recognized as a leading individual in Corporate/M&A in Vietnam for
consecutive years from 2012 to 2018 by Chambers Global.
- Stanford Law School (J.S.M.)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2018 -
- Lecturer, Gakushuin University for Asian Business Law
- 2018 -
- Outside Corporate Auditor, DCM Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 2016 -
- Partner for Vietnam Offices
- 2015 - 2019
- Outside Corporate Auditor, Asteria Corporation
- 2012 - 2015
- Hanoi Office Partner
- 2010 - 2015
- HCMC Office Partner
- Member of the International Conciliation Rules Review Committee, the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association
- 2007 - 2008
- Lecturer, The University of Tokyo
- Deputy Director,The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Aid Policy Division, International Cooperation Bureau
- Legal Adviser for the Technical Assistance Seminar (Competition Law) in Vietnam, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- 2004 - 2006
- Legal Adviser for the Legal and Judicial Development Project in the Lao People's Democratic Republic JICA.
Subscription of third-party allocation of shares in Wuthelam Holdings Pte Ltd. and gaining corporate control over the Asian companies that are in joint ventures with the above company by Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.