- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCross-border Transactions (General)
- Admitted in New York (1993)
(Not Admitted in Japan)
Mr. Bohrer is a leader of our Cross-Border Transactions Group. Mr. Bohrer was previously associated with top-tier U.S. international law firms for 12 years, and has experience running cross-border transactions on the ground in the United States, Japan, Singapore, India, Indonesia, and Thailand. Mr. Bohrer has represented U.S. and non-U.S. buyers and sellers in cross-border corporate transactions in various industries and deal structures, including stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Since joining Nishimura & Asahi in 2004, Mr. Bohrer has represented numerous multi-national clients in connection with their investments into Japan and their ongoing general commercial transactions (including franchising, licensing, employment, corporate governance and commercial real estate leasing matters). Mr. Bohrer also has extensive experience leading and documenting Japanese and cross-border due diligence exercises with respect to various industries, and representing Japanese clients in connection with their multi-jurisdiction corporate acquisitions.
Mr. Bohrer also has represented U.S. issuers in the United States, foreign private issuers from numerous jurisdictions in Asia and global investment banks in connection with their capital markets transactions, including registered initial and follow-on public offerings in the United States, Rule 144A/Regulation S equity and debt offerings, block trades, dual listings and privatizations, and also assessing whether exemptions exist to the application of U.S. securities laws to overseas business transactions.
Mr. Bohrer writes and lectures widely on his legal practice specialties.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- 2018 - 2020
- Nishimura & Asahi NY LLP
- 2008 -
- Lecturer, Sophia Law School
- 2004 - 2018
- Nishimura & Asahi
- 1999 - 2004
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- 1997 - 1999
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- 1992 - 1997
- Mayer, Brown & Platt
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.