Shinichi Takahashi handles a wide range of life and non-life insurance matters, including regulatory matters, corporate matters, such as mergers/acquisitions and corporate restructuring of insurance companies, and insurance insolvency cases. He provides various regulatory advice to insurance clients and handled the insurance license application of Lloyd's and other insurers in Japan, the acquisitions of, capital contributions to or business affiliations with, Japanese insurers by foreign and domestic insurers and other corporations, the establishment of insurance holding companies and other reorganizations of insurance groups, conversion of the foreign insurer’s Japan Branch into the local subsidiary, the demutualization of a life insurance company, insolvency cases for life and non-life insurers and run-off and liquidation thereof. He also handles trading matters and dispute matters both in the primary insurance and reinsurance areas, and overseas captive insurance schemes.
His achievements include The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 (November 2015), Asialaw Profiles 2016 - The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic Law Firms (August 2015), Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 (February 2015)
- Columbia University Law School (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2017 -
- Outside Corporate Auditor, IBJ Leasing Company, Limited
- 2001 - 2007
- Liquidator, Daihyaku Mutual Life Insurance Company
- 1997 - 2009
- Outside Corporate Auditor, Lloyd's Japan Inc.
- 1990 - 1991
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.