Recently, a number of Japanese companies have started to invest and/or expand their business activities in Vietnam. In response, we have opened two offices in Vietnam, one in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Hanoi. Our firm’s Japanese attorneys, working together with a select team of local Vietnamese lawyers at our offices and from leading law firms in Vietnam, provide a full range of quality services concerning corporate activities of Japanese or non-Japanese companies relating to investments and financing, business alliances, infrastructure construction, labor, compliance, intellectual property and ongoing regulatory compliance, etc.
By increasing our firm’s engagement in the local environment of this complex and dynamic country, we can offer our clients an array of highly focused legal services that are specifically adapted to the needs of investors in neighboring countries including Cambodia, Lao PDR and other ASEAN countries.
Our expertise is unparalleled within the region due to our unique position as the first Japanese law firm to establish and maintain a permanent presence in Vietnam. Our consulting activities with local government agencies on legal policy, and an ongoing seminar series on local economic development issues for our Japanese clients, are just a couple of examples of our commitment to strengthening economic ties between Japan and other Asian countries.
Having now established ourselves firmly in Vietnam, we are able to provide our clients with services they can rely on, grounded in years of experience in the mature Japanese business markets, and with vision, to help chart their future course through the young and rapidly expanding investment markets of Asia.
- Related practice areas
- M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingProject FinanceLabor DisputesInternational LitigationIP TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCompetition Law/Antitrust LawInternational TaxationWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaIndonesiaThailandMyanmarIndiaOther Asian Countries
- Yamato Kogyo Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of a stake in Posco SS Vina Joint Stock Co.
- Stripe International Inc. - Acquisition of stake in Vietnam's Global Fashion Trading Corp.
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of stake in Minh Phu Seafood Joint Stock Company
- Acquisition of the apparel business of NEM group by STRIPE INTERNATIONAL INC.
- NIDEC-READ CORPORATION: Acquisition of SV Probe Pte. Ltd.
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
Vietnam: Vietnam Regulation Updates in Response to COVID-19 (As of June 22, 2020)Asia Newsletter
Vietnam: Notable Rights and Obligations of Employers and Employees during Outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (as of February 13, 2020)Asia Newsletter
Hideki Matsushima and Shinnosuke Fukuoka gave lectures at the Kick-off seminar for the reform assistance projects for state-owned enterprises and national banks hosted by the Japan International Cooperation Agency on June 5, 2014.Notices