Many companies have their regional headquarters in Singapore for the purpose of supervising operations in neighboring countries including ASEAN countries, India, etc. In addition, Singapore plays a significant role for Japanese companies in various ways such as a dispute settlement hub notably by the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC), finance center led by Singapore Exchange and others. We have accumulated considerable knowledge and experience through numerous cases dealt with by our Singapore Office since January 2012, the secondment of lawyers to local firms, financial institutions and corporations’ local offices in Singapore, etc. Through the cooperation of lawyers of N&A’s Singapore Office, specialist lawyers of N&A Japan and appropriate local lawyers practicing Singapore Law in external law firms in Singapore, we provide tailored support to respond to our client’s demands for business expansion and development in Singapore and withdrawal from Singapore, in various areas including M&A, dispute settlement, finance, general corporate, risk management, bankruptcy, etc.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCapital MarketsBankingInsuranceAsset Management/FundsVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceReal EstateCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationCivil LitigationLabor DisputesInternational LitigationIP TransactionsTelecommunication & MediaCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCompetition Law/Antitrust LawWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsCross-border Transactions (General)Natural Resources & Energy
- NIDEC-READ CORPORATION: Acquisition of SV Probe Pte. Ltd.
- KDDI Corporation - Sumitomo Corporation
- Acquisition of a Singapore listing company by a Japanese company
- Acquisition of a franchise chain in Singapore by a Japanese company
- Consultation by a Japanese company on transfer of headquarters' functions to Singapore and listing on the Singapore Exchange (SGX)
- Acquisition of loans in Singapore and Hong Kong by a Japanese company
- Research on competition laws in India and ASEAN countries, upon request by a Japanese company in Singapore
- Investment in Myanmar by a Japanese company
International Arbitration Practice from the Perspectives of Arbitrators and Arbitration InstitutionsSeminars