We provide specialized legal services related to the development of natural resources, and the procurement of energy and natural resources. As the first Japanese firm to provide legal services in these areas, we are proud of being recognized as a pioneer and leader in this area.
With regard to the development of natural resources, we provide a wide range of legal services including assisting and advising clients with the acquisition or transfer of interests, establishment and management of joint ventures or projects, and coordination between operators and non-operators in the course of exploration, development and production of natural resources such as oil, natural gas, coal, copper, and other minerals.
With regard to the procurement of energy and natural resources, we provide our clients with a comprehensive range of legal services including drafting, negotiating, and renegotiating agreements of sale and purchase of crude oil, liquefied natural gas, coal, copper concentrate, and other minerals or concentrates.
Our team consists of both Japanese and foreign attorneys with expertise in these industries, and with our growing network of overseas law firms, we are able to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services.
- Financing the lithium-production expansion project at the Olaroz salt lake in Argentina
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in UK offshore windfarm project
- Idemitsu Kosan: Business integration with Showa Shell Sekiyu
- JX Mining & Metals Corporation: Transfer of shares in Chilean mining operations
- Business Integration between JX Group and Tonen General Group
- 2015 -
- Business integration between Idemitsu Kosan and Showa Shell Sekiyu
- Business integration between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. and Hitachi, Ltd. on thermal power generation systems.
Specified Minerals: Amendment to Requirements for Extension of Prospecting Right and Amendment to Requirements for Suspension of WorkNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Corporate Crisis Management Newsletter (April 2018) UK Bribery Act: First Case on “Adequate Procedures” under the UK Bribery ActCorporate Crisis Management Newsletter
UK Bribery Act: First Case on “Adequate Procedures” under the UK Bribery Act (April 2018)Natural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Nishimura & Asahi enters new Indonesian association, Simplifications and Regulatory Improvement in Indonesia’s Energy and Mining Sectors (March 2018)Natural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Mark Tudor and Hiroyasu Konno joined an international group of legal experts supporting Professor Kim Talus in a project to create a "Model Diversion Clause for LNG Sale and Purchase Contract"Notices