We provide specialized legal services related to the development of natural resources, and the procurement of energy and natural resources. As the first Japanese firm to provide legal services in these areas, we are proud of being recognized as a pioneer and leader in this area.
With regard to the development of natural resources, we provide a wide range of legal services including assisting and advising clients with the acquisition or transfer of interests, establishment and management of joint ventures or projects, and coordination between operators and non-operators in the course of exploration, development and production of natural resources such as oil, natural gas, coal, copper, and other minerals.
With regard to the procurement of energy and natural resources, we provide our clients with a comprehensive range of legal services including drafting, negotiating, and renegotiating agreements of sale and purchase of crude oil, liquefied natural gas, coal, copper concentrate, and other minerals or concentrates.
Our team consists of both Japanese and foreign attorneys with expertise in these industries, and with our growing network of overseas law firms, we are able to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Tender offer to fully acquire TOA Oil Co., Ltd.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Transfer of all shares in Shell Lubricants Japan K.K.
- Loan for a methanol production and sales business in Saudi Arabia
- Hana Financial Investment - Acquisition of Yamaguchi Shin Mine from Canadian Solar Inc.
- A leading non-ferrous metal manufacturer making a joint venture its wholly-owned subsidiary
- PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk - Acquisition of Ophir Energy plc
- Financing the lithium-production expansion project at the Olaroz salt lake in Argentina
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in UK offshore windfarm project
- Idemitsu Kosan: Business integration with Showa Shell Sekiyu
- JX Mining & Metals Corporation: Transfer of shares in Chilean mining operations
Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry proposes maximum procurement price of offshore wind power for four promotion zonesArticles
Points of Interest in Japanese Onshore Prospecting Right Due Diligence: Managing the Risk of Post-Investment InvalidationNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Specified Minerals: Amendment to Requirements for Extension of Prospecting Right and Amendment to Requirements for Suspension of WorkNatural Resources & Energy Newsletter
Corporate Crisis Management Newsletter (April 2018) UK Bribery Act: First Case on “Adequate Procedures” under the UK Bribery ActCorporate Crisis Management Newsletter
Mark Tudor and Hiroyasu Konno joined an international group of legal experts supporting Professor Kim Talus in a project to create a "Model Diversion Clause for LNG Sale and Purchase Contract"Notices