Nishimura & Asahi is one of the leading M&A law firms in Japan, and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions in every business field, whether international or domestic, with state-of-the-art knowledge, extensive experience and abundant creativity, conducted with the highest level of professionalism. Our work on M&A transactions includes (i) strategic planning, (ii) legal due diligence, (iii) documentation, (iv) negotiation, (v) communication with relevant governmental authorities, and (vi) procedures for the closing.
M&A transactions involve issues associated with not only corporation law and securities regulations but also tax law, antitrust law, intellectual property law, labor law, bankruptcy law, various business regulations, etc.; therefore, our M&A lawyers closely cooperate with specialists in those areas, and highly value our long-standing cooperative relationships with leading scholars and governmental authorities. With our expertise and considerable experience, we are able to provide our clients with strategic and practical advice and with appropriate solutions to realize a smooth closing and post-merger-integration even in the most challenging transactions.
- Lixil Viva Corporation: Tender offer for shares by Arcland Sakamoto Co., Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Sale of generics pharmaceutical business and plant
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in RoomClip Inc.
- Toridoll Holdings Corporation: Joint venture with Capdesia Group Ltd.
- Fukushima SiC Applied Engineering Inc. - Series C fundraising
- Yamada Denki Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of majority stake in Hinokiya Group Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of majority of Mitsui E&S Steel Structures Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Sompo Holdings, Inc. - Acquisition of a stake in Renaissance Inc.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Transfer of all shares in Shell Lubricants Japan K.K.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in toridori Inc.
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Post-Acquisition Ongoing ObligationsOthers
Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Direct Investment RegulationsSeminars
Webinar: Recorded on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Publication period: Monday, Septemberl 7, 2020 - Thursday, December 28, 2020 5:00pm