Nishimura & Asahi is one of the leading M&A law firms in Japan, and advises clients on mergers and acquisitions in every business field, whether international or domestic, with state-of-the-art knowledge, extensive experience and abundant creativity, conducted with the highest level of professionalism. Our work on M&A transactions includes (i) strategic planning, (ii) legal due diligence, (iii) documentation, (iv) negotiation, (v) communication with relevant governmental authorities, and (vi) procedures for the closing.
M&A transactions involve issues associated with not only corporation law and securities regulations but also tax law, antitrust law, intellectual property law, labor law, bankruptcy law, various business regulations, etc.; therefore, our M&A lawyers closely cooperate with specialists in those areas, and highly value our long-standing cooperative relationships with leading scholars and governmental authorities. With our expertise and considerable experience, we are able to provide our clients with strategic and practical advice and with appropriate solutions to realize a smooth closing and post-merger-integration even in the most challenging transactions.
- ITOCHU Corporation : Tender offer for outstanding common shares of FamilyMart Co., Ltd. with the aim of taking FamilyMart private.
- KDDI Corporation: New Business and Capital Alliance with Toyota Motor Corporation
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd. - Tender offer to fully acquire TOA Oil Co., Ltd.
- ORIX Corporation: Acquisition of majority stake in Sugiko Group Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Additional investment in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in PR Table Inc.
- Japan Post Capital Co., Ltd. - Investment in Timebank inc. (now, Let Inc.)
- Resona Holdings, Inc. - Agreement to make Kansai Mirai Financial Group, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd. - Business Integration through Merger with Hitachi Capital Corporation
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited - Sale of healthcare business to Blackstone
Benefit analysis for a case involving a transfer of corporate ownership under SCM AgreementArticles
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Post-Acquisition Ongoing ObligationsOthers
Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Direct Investment RegulationsSeminars
Webinar: Recorded on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Publication period: Monday, Septemberl 7, 2020 - Thursday, December 28, 2020 5:00pm
Vietnam: Private Placements Under The New Securities Law (as of 16 November 2020)Asia Newsletter
Vietnam: Positive Changes To Tender Offer Rules Under New Securities Law (as of 16 November 2020)Asia Newsletter