We provide comprehensive legal advice in connection with both domestic and international Joint Venture (JV) arrangements in a variety of industrial fields. We pride ourselves on our deep understanding of business and expert knowledge in advising on JV arrangements across many diverse fields of law, including permissions and regulations and licensing intellectual property, necessary for forming or managing a JV. When advising our clients we (i) analyze the best suited structure for the client, (ii) offer proposals that meet the client’s intentions and best interests over a broad range of issues relating to JVs, including the management and governance of a JV, and (iii) provide strategic advice with a view to possible termination of the JV. Using our in-depth knowledge from our vast experience in this field, we provide, practical and inclusive advice on all stages of a JV from establishment and management to termination, including drafting and negotiating the JV agreement and shareholder agreement and any other necessary documents, as well as advising on the settlement of any disputes that may arise with a JV partner.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Agreement to build new autonomous vehicle with Cruise and General Motors
- Honda Motor Co.: Agreement to establish a joint venture company in Indonesia with Panasonic Corporation
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin: Diagnostics alliance with Hitachi Chemical
- Rakuten, Inc.: New strategic alliance with Wal-Mart
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.: Integration of Trust & Custody Services Bank, Ltd. with Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
- Nippon Life: Conversion of Nissay Asset to wholly-owned subsidiary
- 2017 - 2018
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd. - Investment in PeptiStar Inc.
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan: Investment in Dynamic Map Platform
- Rakuten, Inc.: Establishment of new “Rakuten BIC” online service
Vietnam: Acquiring listed company shares in M&A transactions targeting Vietnamese companiesArticles
Getting the Deal Through - Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits 2017 (Japan Chapter)Articles