We provide comprehensive legal advice in connection with both domestic and international Joint Venture (JV) arrangements in a variety of industrial fields. We pride ourselves on our deep understanding of business and expert knowledge in advising on JV arrangements across many diverse fields of law, including permissions and regulations and licensing intellectual property, necessary for forming or managing a JV. When advising our clients we (i) analyze the best suited structure for the client, (ii) offer proposals that meet the client’s intentions and best interests over a broad range of issues relating to JVs, including the management and governance of a JV, and (iii) provide strategic advice with a view to possible termination of the JV. Using our in-depth knowledge from our vast experience in this field, we provide, practical and inclusive advice on all stages of a JV from establishment and management to termination, including drafting and negotiating the JV agreement and shareholder agreement and any other necessary documents, as well as advising on the settlement of any disputes that may arise with a JV partner.
- Rakuten, Inc.: New strategic alliance with Wal-Mart
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Strategic partnership in the agricultural machinery field between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Establishment of a Joint Venture in Taiwan by Meiko Network Japan Co., Ltd.
- Capital injection in a Taiwanese travel company by a major Japanese railway group.
- Establishment of a joint venture with a major Taiwanese real estate development group by a major Japanese real estate development company.
- Establishment of a joint venture in Taiwan by a major Japanese machinery and automobile parts manufacturer (a company listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange).
- The Integration of the small- and medium-sized display businesses of Toshiba Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd., and Sony Corporation through the acquisition of the three companies' subsidiaries by Innovation Network Corporation of Japan.
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
Getting the Deal Through - Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits 2017 (Japan Chapter)Articles
Getting the Deal Through - Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits 2016 (Japan Chapter)Articles