We provide comprehensive legal advice in connection with both domestic and international Joint Venture (JV) arrangements in a variety of industrial fields. We pride ourselves on our deep understanding of business and expert knowledge in advising on JV arrangements across many diverse fields of law, including permissions and regulations and licensing intellectual property, necessary for forming or managing a JV. When advising our clients we (i) analyze the best suited structure for the client, (ii) offer proposals that meet the client’s intentions and best interests over a broad range of issues relating to JVs, including the management and governance of a JV, and (iii) provide strategic advice with a view to possible termination of the JV. Using our in-depth knowledge from our vast experience in this field, we provide, practical and inclusive advice on all stages of a JV from establishment and management to termination, including drafting and negotiating the JV agreement and shareholder agreement and any other necessary documents, as well as advising on the settlement of any disputes that may arise with a JV partner.
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Additional investment in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Sale of generics pharmaceutical business and plant
- Toridoll Holdings Corporation: Joint venture with Capdesia Group Ltd.
- Seiko Holdings Corporation’s subsidiary’s co-sale, together with Development Bank of Japan Inc., of their shares in semiconductor company ABLIC Inc. to MinebeaMitsumi Inc.
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Acquisition of additional shares in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Sompo Holdings, Inc. - Investment and joint venture with Palantir Technologies, Inc.
- A strategic alliance with a leading telecommunications carrier by a leading financial group
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Joint Development of Next-Generation EV with General Motors
- Avex Inc. - Establishment of AI and voice synthesis business with Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessment
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Post-Acquisition Ongoing ObligationsOthers
Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Direct Investment RegulationsSeminars
Webinar: Recorded on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020. Publication period: Monday, Septemberl 7, 2020 - Thursday, December 28, 2020 5:00pm
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Heightened Review of Inbound InvestmentsOthers