With the ever-increasing importance of intellectual property and information technology, proper management and effective exploitation of IP rights and proprietary information are essential for a successful business in an increasingly information-oriented society. However, the need to properly protect and exploit intellectual property rights is no longer limited to certain industries dealing with cutting-edge technologies, but now permeates all kinds of businesses. Companies, therefore, need to be advised by lawyers that have specialist up-to-date knowledge of intellectual property law and the role it plays in their client’s business.
N&A is able to provide clients with comprehensive legal services including in the field of licensing, joint research and development and other intellectual property transactions for technical industries (information technology, life sciences and healthcare), the entertainment business (films, games, music, broadcasting, sports) and other areas of commerce.
One distinctive aspect of our IP practice group is that we collaborate with lawyers of other practice areas and provide strategic advice on intellectual property transactions that require cross-disciplinary consideration with regard to licensing, such as in the case of M&A or financing involving a corporation whose main asset is its intellectual property. We also regularly advise on the management of intellectual property rights and trade secrets and other information including preparing employee invention related rules and other internal rules and policies to protect rights and information, as well as provide clients with analyses of legal risks regarding intellectual property.
- Rakuten, Inc.: New strategic alliance with Wal-Mart
- 2017 - 2018
- Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd. - Investment in PeptiStar Inc.
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan: Investment in Dynamic Map Platform
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan: Integration of Polyolefin Film Businesses
- Lawsuit at the IP High Court on rescission case of JPO trial decision regarding trademarks of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia ("SIDAMO" and "YIRGACHEFFE") - IPHC judgment of March 29, 2010
Educational Institutions - A Legal and Regulatory Handbook for Setting Up Overseas: JapanArticles