Hong Kong has strong relationships with other Asian countries especially Mainland China with regard to its economy, trade and business and is a very important market for many Japanese companies. Our firm provides a wide range of legal services for Japanese Companies in relation to setting up a presence in Hong Kong or other business activities in Hong Kong. We also support Hong Kong companies and companies of other countries having a Hong Kong presence that are doing business in Japan.
We have been involved in a large number of Hong Kong related matters such as establishing subsidiaries in Hong Kong, mergers and acquisitions, and supporting clients in trading in Hong Kong.
In our Hong Kong practice, we cooperate closely with Okada Law Firm in Hong Kong, an affiliate office for our Hong Kong practice. We have also established good working relationships with other local law firms in Hong Kong, which enables us to support our clients in a prompt and flexible manner.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Co., Ltd. - Business Integration through Merger with Hitachi Capital Corporation
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of DuluxGroup Limited
- Acquisition of loans in Hong Kong and Singapore by Japanese company
- Secondary listing by Japanese corporation on Hong Kong Exchange
- Transfer of headquarter by Japanese corporation to Hong Kong