We offer comprehensive legal services to a wide range of clients in the electronics and information and communication industries involved in traditional consumer products, electronic components and devices such as semiconductors and panels, information and communication electronics, and the more recent IoT, etc. Because of the dynamics of the market, technological innovation and the industrial reorganizations on a worldwide basis, electronics industries demand a deep understanding of the technologies and a wide ranging legal analysis of various jurisdictions from the view point of intellectual property laws, competition laws, foreign investment laws, various industry regulations, labor laws, environmental laws, consumer laws, personal information protection laws, tax laws, and so on.
Our team share our clients' objectives and provide various types of legal support, from strategic planning, drafting to negotiations for our clients' projects such as distribution, OEM transactions, R&D, licensing, IPR strategy planning, business alliances, M&A, new business investments, joint ventures and financing, based on our expertise and considerable experience.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - MOU on a strategic alliance with General Motors Co.
- Japan Display Inc. - Additional capital alliance and fund procurement with Ichigo Trust
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Joint Development of Next-Generation EV with General Motors
- TIS Inc. - Strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Japan Display Inc. - Capital alliance with Ichigo Trust and refinancing of debt with INCJ, Ltd.
- KDDI Corporation - Capital and business partnerships with Loyalty Marketing, Inc. and Lawson, Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation - Acquisition of Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Corporation
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation - Acquisition of NuFlare Technology, Inc.
- Japan Display Inc. - Short-term loan agreement with INCJ, Ltd.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Joint venture with Denso Corporation to develop electrification driving modules
Nishimura Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) Report by the CLOUD Act Study Group - Analysis on Legal Issues and Proposals on Data Held by Companies and Investigations -Notices