We offer comprehensive legal services to a wide range of clients in the electronics and information and communication industries involved in traditional consumer products, electronic components and devices such as semiconductors and panels, information and communication electronics, and the more recent IoT, etc. Because of the dynamics of the market, technological innovation and the industrial reorganizations on a worldwide basis, electronics industries demand a deep understanding of the technologies and a wide ranging legal analysis of various jurisdictions from the view point of intellectual property laws, competition laws, foreign investment laws, various industry regulations, labor laws, environmental laws, consumer laws, personal information protection laws, tax laws, and so on.
Our team share our clients' objectives and provide various types of legal support, from strategic planning, drafting to negotiations for our clients' projects such as distribution, OEM transactions, R&D, licensing, IPR strategy planning, business alliances, M&A, new business investments, joint ventures and financing, based on our expertise and considerable experience.
- TIS Inc. - Strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Japan Display Inc. - Capital alliance with Ichigo Trust and refinancing of debt with INCJ, Ltd.
- NTT Corporation - Capital and business tie-up with Tokyo Century Corporation
- KDDI Corporation - Capital and business partnerships with Loyalty Marketing, Inc. and Lawson, Inc.
- Japan Display Inc. - Short-term loan agreement with INCJ, Ltd.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Joint venture with Denso Corporation to develop electrification driving modules
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Joint venture to develop software for automated driving
- Honda Motor Co.: Agreement to establish a joint venture company in Indonesia with Panasonic Corporation
- Japan Display Inc. - Capital raising through share issue and sale of factory
- Japan Display Inc. - Transfer of idled plant to INCJ and tie-up with JOLED Inc.
Nishimura Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) Report by the CLOUD Act Study Group - Analysis on Legal Issues and Proposals on Data Held by Companies and Investigations -Notices