Since its founding by the late Mr. Nishimura, Nishimura & Asahi has provided its clients with legal services for their cross border transactions, and the firm continues to expand the range of such services into a growing number of countries.
In addition to the cross border legal transaction and dispute works specifically described in the following chapters, N&A has considerable experience in providing both Japanese and non-Japanese clients with the following traditional legal services relating to cross border transactions:
- advice on foreign direct investment (including negotiations with regulators)
- distributorship agreements
- franchising agreements
- technology license agreements (including negotiations with regulators)
- joint venture and shareholders agreements
Furthermore, Nishimura & Asahi has the necessary expertise in foreign exchange regulations, labor law, real property, competition laws and international trade laws of Japan and foreign countries to advise on these types of cross border transactions and disputes.
Nishimura & Asahi has a long history of providing legal services regards to both inbound and outbound transactions, as well as the increasing foreign direct investment by Japanese companies. In response to this, Nishimura & Asahi has expanded its branch office network in Asian countries, where Japanese clients are expanding their presence, and increased the number of its foreign legal staff qualified in various jurisdictions. Furthermore, N&A’s Japanese lawyers with experience working in India, the Middle East, and Latin American countries provide legal advice relating to these jurisdictions through their close relationships with leading local firms.
- Acquisition of the apparel business of NEM group by STRIPE INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Acquisition of Heroflon S.p.A. by DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- KDDI Corporation - Sumitomo Corporation
- 2009 - 2011
- Advise a major entertainment company in negotiations with a U.S. financial institution for rescheduling a large-scale loan agreement
- 2008 - 2010
- Advise a major leisure industry company in connection with a dispute regarding real estate in the U.S.
- 2006 - 2008
- Advising investors in a dispute involving a major commercial building in New Zealand
What Is an Appropriate Interaction Between International Law and Domestic Legal Systems to Promote Space Resources Development?Articles
Procedures for Establishing a Joint Venture Company in Vietnam and Selection of Corporate FormOthers
Client Alert (Further Update: Effective March 1, 2016): Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan - Detailed Regulations Promulgated by Relevant Authorities (February 2016)Financial Regulation Newsletter
Client Alert (New Update with Details): Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan - Draft Detailed Regulations Published by the Financial Services Agency (January 2016)Financial Regulation Newsletter
Client Alert: Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan (April 2015)Financial Regulation Newsletter
Group Companies and Joint Ventures Get More Freedom under New Japanese Money Lending Business Regulations (May 2014)Financial Regulation Newsletter
Client Alert: 3 Month Grace Period was provided for GPs that have already filed notification (February 2012)Financial Regulation Newsletter
Yuri Sugano and Tatsuaki Murakami were involved in a survey on the chapter “Resolving Insolvency” in Doing Business 2018, published by the World Bank Group, U.S.A.Notices