Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- TIS Inc. - Strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessment
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Acquisition of additional shares in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Naver Corporation - Business integration of Line Corporation and Z Holdings Corporation
- T&D Holdings, Inc. - Partnership with Carlyle Group to acquire majority stake in Fortitude Group Holdings from AIG
- Acquisition by LITE-ON Technology Corporation, a Taiwanese listed company, of all of the shares in its Japanese subsidiary, LITE-ON Japan Ltd., through a tender offer and subsequent squeeze-out.
- Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Spain’s Pensa Investments, S.L.
- Arbitration involving significant claims and its settlement concerning a joint venture between Japanese companies relating to power plant construction projects
- PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk - Acquisition of Ophir Energy plc
- Sompo Holdings, Inc. - Big data joint venture with Palantir Technologies Inc.