Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Acquisition of the apparel business of NEM group by STRIPE INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Acquisition by Powertech Technology Inc. Group (a TWSE-listed company) of a shareholding in Tera Probe Inc. (a Mothers-listed company) through a public Tender Offer Bid (TOB) from Micron Technology Inc. Group (a NASDAQ-listed company).
- Acquisition of Heroflon S.p.A. by DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Sharp Corporation's receipt of capital injection from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Strategic partnership in the agricultural machinery field between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Acquisition of a Taiwanese logistics company by Sankyu Inc.
- Joint Venture (Establishment of Mitsui Chemicals & SKC Polyurethanes Inc.) by and between Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and SKC Co., Ltd.
- Subscription of third-party allocation of shares in Wuthelam Holdings Pte Ltd. and gaining corporate control over the Asian companies that are in joint ventures with the above company by Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
- 2014 - 2015
- Acquisition of Toll Holdings Limited by JAPAN POST Co., Ltd.
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Mergers & Acquisitions 2017 (Japan Chapter)Articles