Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- Japan Post Holdings Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in Aflac Incorporated
- Honda Motor Co.: Agreement to establish a joint venture company in Indonesia with Panasonic Corporation
- Soko Seiren Co., Ltd.: Sale of stake in Soko Seiren Mexicana, S.A. DE C. V. to Sage Automotive Interiors, Inc.
- JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation - Sale of Irvine Scientific Group
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- JX Mining & Metals Corporation: Transfer of shares in Chilean mining operations
- Nippon Life: Conversion of Nissay Asset to wholly-owned subsidiary
- Acquisition of the apparel business of NEM group by STRIPE INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Acquisition by Powertech Technology Inc. Group (a TWSE-listed company) of a shareholding in Tera Probe Inc. (a Mothers-listed company) through a public Tender Offer Bid (TOB) from Micron Technology Inc. Group (a NASDAQ-listed company).
- Acquisition of Heroflon S.p.A. by DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, LTD.
Thailand: Effectively Structuring Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances DealsSeminars