Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- Sushiro Global Holdings Ltd. - Acquisition of a minority stake in Wasabi Sushi Bento Ltd.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd. - Increased shareholdings in Bank Danamon and Bank BNP
- Japan Display Inc. - Alliance with Suwa Investment Holdings, LLC
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of DuluxGroup Limited
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Betek Boya ve Kimya Sanayi A.Ş.
- Hitachi car navigation unit Clarion: Sale to France’s Faurecia S.E.
- INCJ, Ltd. - Follow-on investment in Dynamic Map Platform Co., Ltd.
- Kyocera Corporation: Acquisition of Van Aerden Group BV
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Shire plc
- Japan Post Holdings Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in Aflac Incorporated