Nishimura & Asahi has an impressive track record across a range of cross-border M&A transactions including providing clients with advice on investments in Japanese businesses by foreign investors and strategic partners, acquisitions of foreign companies by Japanese companies to enter into or strengthen their overseas businesses, and the formation or dissolution of cross border joint ventures. With our experienced M&A attorneys and an established network of competent foreign attorneys, we are able to seamlessly handle cross-border M&A transactions covering multiple jurisdictions with different laws and regulations. Regardless of the type of transaction, whether domestic or cross-border, Nishimura & Asahi ensures that it fully understands its clients’ strategic purposes to support them in realizing their goals.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersAcquisition FinanceEarly Stage RestructuringCross-border RestructuringIP TransactionsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsTax PlanningTax CounselingInternational TaxationVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)ChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Related Tag
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Strategic alliance and investment in CATL
- Nippon Life Insurance Co. - Acquisition of additional shares in Australia’s MLC Ltd.
- Sompo Holdings, Inc. - Investment and joint venture with Palantir Technologies, Inc.
- Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development - Acquisition of Cad Railway Industries, Ltd.
- Ship Healthcare Holdings, Inc. - Acquisition of a stake in a major medical equipment distributor in Myanmar
- Hokkaido Electric Power Co., Inc. - Acquisition of stake in Alten RE Developments America B.V.
- Eton Systems AB - Strategic partnership with INA Intelligent Technology (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
- Hana Financial Investment - Acquisition of Yamaguchi Shin Mine from Canadian Solar Inc.
- TIS Inc. - Strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Shionogi & Co., Ltd. - Rescission of tax reassessment
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Heightened Review of Inbound InvestmentsOthers