While cross-border financial transactions involving multiple jurisdictions are conducted every day in the current global borderless economy, these transactions often give rise to a substantial number of complex legal issues, requiring expert legal support. We provide Japanese and foreign institutions with quality and timely services relating to international financial transactions involving multiple jurisdictions. We meet the needs of our clients by building a team of experienced attorneys qualified in Japan and in the relevant foreign jurisdictions. The attorneys qualified in Japan working in this field have foreign law degrees and overseas vocational experience. We also have a global network of first tier law firms in more than one hundred jurisdictions. This network enables us to collaborate with those overseas law firms to support clients in need of legal advice on various foreign jurisdictions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Related practice areas
- Cross-border M&ACapital MarketsBankingFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceDerivativesFinTechCross-border RestructuringInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsMoney LaunderingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsInternational TaxationCross-border Transactions (General)Infrastructure/PPPChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Loan for a methanol production and sales business in Saudi Arabia
- Financing the lithium-production expansion project at the Olaroz salt lake in Argentina
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
- 2009 - 2011
- Advise a major entertainment company in negotiations with a U.S. financial institution for rescheduling a large-scale loan agreement
- 2008 - 2011
- Acquisition of AIG Edison Life Insurance Company and AIG Star Life Insurance Co., Ltd., by Prudential Financial Inc.
- 2008 - 2010
- Integration between Mitsubishi UFJ Securities and Morgan Stanley Japan Securities
International Financial Reporting Standards issues related to leveraged loan agreements in JapanArticles
Real Estate Investment Trusts in Thailand Structure, Set-up Conditions, and Income TaxationFinance Law Newsletter
Tips for Foreign Secured Creditors in Thailand: Requirements for Registration of Securities and Additional ConditionsFinance Law Newsletter
Recent Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act Concerning Inward Foreign Direct Investment: Some Essential PointsFinance Law Newsletter