While cross-border financial transactions involving multiple jurisdictions are conducted every day in the current global borderless economy, these transactions often give rise to a substantial number of complex legal issues, requiring expert legal support. We provide Japanese and foreign institutions with quality and timely services relating to international financial transactions involving multiple jurisdictions. We meet the needs of our clients by building a team of experienced attorneys qualified in Japan and in the relevant foreign jurisdictions. The attorneys qualified in Japan working in this field have foreign law degrees and overseas vocational experience. We also have a global network of first tier law firms in more than one hundred jurisdictions. This network enables us to collaborate with those overseas law firms to support clients in need of legal advice on various foreign jurisdictions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Related practice areas
- Cross-border M&ACapital MarketsBankingFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceDerivativesFinTech BusinessesCross-border RestructuringInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsMoney LaunderingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsInternational TaxationCross-border Transactions (General)Infrastructure/PPPChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Financing the lithium-production expansion project at the Olaroz salt lake in Argentina
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
- 2009 - 2011
- Advise a major entertainment company in negotiations with a U.S. financial institution for rescheduling a large-scale loan agreement
- 2008 - 2011
- Acquisition of AIG Edison Life Insurance Company and AIG Star Life Insurance Co., Ltd., by Prudential Financial Inc.
- 2008 - 2010
- Integration between Mitsubishi UFJ Securities and Morgan Stanley Japan Securities
Phasing Out LIBOR after 2021: Notes and Legal Considerations Concerning the Cross Industry Committee on Japanese Yen Interest Rate Benchmark’s Public Consultation PaperFinance Law Newsletter
Client Alert (Further Update: Effective March 1, 2016): Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan - Detailed Regulations Promulgated by Relevant Authorities (February 2016)Finance Law Newsletter
Client Alert (New Update with Details): Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan - Draft Detailed Regulations Published by the Financial Services Agency (January 2016)Finance Law Newsletter
Client Alert: Proposed Stricter Requirements on QII-targeted Business Exemption in Japan (April 2015)Finance Law Newsletter
Client Alert: 3 Month Grace Period was provided for GPs that have already filed notification (February 2012)Finance Law Newsletter