In today’s world, corporate and commercial transactions are increasingly complex and require a multidisciplinary approach and expertise to fully succeed. To provide our clients with the most efficient and suitable advice, we draw on our many strengths across the firm and assign lawyers with the required talent and skill necessary for each transaction. Further, we have extensive experience in supporting our clients in obtaining approvals and permissions necessary for their business. For our domestic clients developing their business outside Japan, we extend our full support in assisting in both legal and taxation issues, responding to their needs in a highly effective manner through the utilization of our local offices and other local resources.
- Related practice areas
- Startups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsReal EstateCivil LitigationTax PlanningTax CounselingLabor LawPensionsVisas & ImmigrationConsumer Contract ActAct against Unjustifiable Premiums & Misleading RepresentationsProduct Liability Act, Product Safety & the Recall of Products
- 2015 - 2016
- Establishment of New Business Venture by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Citigroup - Sale of Citi Cards Japan, Inc.
- KDDI Corporation - Sumitomo Corporation
- 2014 - 2015
- Citibank Japan Ltd. - Sale of its Retail Banking business
- Purchasing and subscribing for the shares of Binex Co., Ltd. by Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 2012 - 2015
- Comprehensive recapitalization and repayment of governmental funds by Aozora Bank
- 2012 - 2013
- Acquisition of Qualicaps Co., Ltd., by Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation.
- 2011 - 2012
- Squeeze out of the minority shareholders of VeriSign Japan K.K., a Japanese listed subsidiary of Symantec Corp., through a cash tender offer
- Acquisition of the world-wide security and authentication business of VeriSign Inc., by Symantec Corp.
The Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and the Establishment of the Engagement Guidelines - Based on the Answers to the Public Comments (July 2018)Finance Law Newsletter
Trends Toward the Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of the Engagement Guidelines - Impact on disclosure practices, etc. for shareholders meetings in June 2018 (April 2018)Finance Law Newsletter