Many of N&A’s lawyers have experience working at US and EU law firms that have top-tier antitrust and competition practices and we have built a strong network with those foreign law firms. Making use of such resources, we are able to effectively assist Japanese clients facing enforcement actions, including cartel investigations by foreign competition authorities, including those of emerging economies, in cooperation with capable foreign law firms. We advise on all phases of such enforcement actions: formulating basic strategy, collection and examination of factual evidence, and negotiation with the relevant foreign authorities. Our experience in handling cases initiated by authorities in emerging economies include those of China, Korea, Singapore, India, several South American countries and South Africa.
Our practice also covers dealing with US DOJ’s investigations in Japan that utilize the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty between the United States and Japan, and handling extradition related matters.
- 2012 -
- International cartel investigation into the auto shipping service sector
- 2011 -
- International cartel investigation in connection with the bearing industry
- 2010 -
- International cartel investigation in connection with various auto parts
- 2007 -
- International cartel investigation by forwarders in connection with surcharges on air cargo
- 2007 - 2008
- International cartel investigation in connection with marine hoses
- 2006 -
- International cartel investigation into airlines in connection with rates and surcharges for cargo
- 2006 - 2010
- International cartel investigation in connection with TFT-LCDs