Our China Practice Team provides high-quality legal services in Japanese, Chinese and English in various fields of business law between Japan and China.
Our practice covers a wide range of legal areas, such as various types of Japan-China transactions, assistance for Japanese clients establishing subsidiaries in China, daily legal support for Chinese subsidiaries, M&A, IP, antimonopoly/antitrust matters, finance, restructuring, and dispute resolution. Additionally, where Chinese entities, including entities of Greater China, wish to invest in Japan (including acquisition), we offer comprehensive legal advice covering Japanese and Chinese law and the laws of the other relevant jurisdictions to both Japanese clients and such Chinese investors.
Currently, our China Practice Team consists of approximately 10 Japanese and Chinese lawyers who are fluent in both Japanese and Chinese. We also have Beijing and Shanghai Representative Offices, each with two Japanese lawyers well-versed in Chinese business practices. They are able to respond effectively to the needs of our Japanese and foreign clients and provide finely-tuned legal services, and, as necessary, work with our experts in various areas or cooperate with leading Chinese and other foreign law firms.
- Related practice areas
- Joint VenturesPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsFinTech BusinessesCross-border Financial TransactionsReal EstateOut-of-Court WorkoutsCross-border RestructuringCivil Disputes Arising from Corporate ScandalsInternational LitigationInternational ArbitrationIP TransactionsTrademark/Design ProsecutionAnti-Counterfeiting/Brand ManagementTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceInternal Investigations & Outside InvestigationsAccounting FraudBreaches of Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Laws & RegulationsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationAccidents, Deception, Misrepresentation of Products & FoodFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementWhistle BlowingHandling Overseas Corporate ScandalsCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsLabor LawVisas & ImmigrationCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceTelecommunicationsInternet/Cyber LawEntertainmentMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareBiotechnologyElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsChinaHong Kong
- Conducting due diligence investigations as well as providing legal advices for Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ) in relation to the Chinese manufacturing subsidiaries of Sony Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., in the transaction
- Providing legal advice to SWCC Showa Holdings Co., Ltd. (listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange)legal issues in relation to Futong Group of China investing in them such as drafting contracts and negotiations, disclosure documents, and the
- Business alliance between Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited and a major Asian finance group (listed on TWSE).
- Advice regarding a Japanese company's business in the telecommunications sector in China.
- Advice regarding China's Anti-Monopoly Law.
- Advice regarding a comprehensive alliance in the medical area between a Japanese company and a Chinese company (including joint development, a sales contract and a JV contract).
- Advice regarding a Japanese company's acquisition of a Chinese company in the resources sector.
- 2004 - 2008
- Advise a computer game manufacturer in connection with litigation against licensee companies in China, Taiwan and Korea
- Providing advice for a Japanese listed company on its withdrawal from a joint venture project in China.
- Drafting and providing advice on a regulations regarding employees invention of a Chinese subsidiary of a Japanese manufacturer.
Overseas Investment Risk Management” in Chongqing China held by CCPIT Commercial and Legal Service CenterSeminars