We regularly represent domestic and foreign companies belonging to the chemical industry, including diversified chemicals manufacturers and specialty chemical companies. Our experience in this industry is extremely board, ranging from inbound and outbound M&A, joint ventures, the launch and termination of business alliances, environmental regulations and other regulatory and compliance matters, import and export controls and disputes. We efficiently address those various matters by assembling the most appropriate lawyers in our firm.
Recently, in Japan, the petrochemical industry has been facing a pressing need to restructure, mainly due to the decrease of domestic demand and increase of production in overseas ethylene plants. We have extensive experience in M&A and other relevant transactions stemming from business restructuring in the petrochemical industry.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesCross-border M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsEnvironmental LawCompetition Law/Antitrust LawCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsTrade Remedies & Defenses (Anti-dumping, CVD & Safeguards)Customs & TariffsSecurity Export ControlCross-border Transactions (General)Infrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareHealthcare IT/Medical CloudBiotechnologyElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsAerospace/Space
- Adeka Corporation: Acquisition of majority stake in Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd.
- Business Integration between JX Group and Tonen General Group
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan: Integration of Polyolefin Film Businesses
- Purchasing and subscribing for the shares of Binex Co., Ltd. by Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 2012 - 2013
- Acquisition of Qualicaps Co., Ltd., by Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation.