Nishimura & Asahi has extensive experience in a wide range of capital market transactions such as (i) debt/equity offerings and IPOs in Japanese and foreign capital markets (e.g., global offerings, global IPOs, foreign listings, domestic offerings, rights offerings, Euro CBs, Alpine CBs, Euro bonds, MTN program, samurai bonds and POWLs) by various issuers such as Japanese corporations, foreign corporations, Japanese sovereign issuers, foreign governments and foreign sovereign issuers, (ii) public offerings and private placements of other financial instruments such as REIT securities, investment trusts and securitization products (including REITs’ IPO and ETF listings), and (iii) other finance transactions such as third party allotments of equity securities (including equity commitment lines). We provide comprehensive professional legal advice to all parties (e.g., issuers, underwriters and agents) involved in such capital market transactions.
With regard to the secondary markets, we advise securities companies and other financial institutions, issuers, shareholders and other relevant parties in connection with the disclosure documents required under the Japanese securities regulations, timely disclosure documents required under the stock exchange rules, sales of long-held shares, share buy-backs, block trades and other security-related transactions. We also have experience in bond restructuring transactions and debt equity swaps.
Further, we are often involved in transactions that require a high level of expertise, such as issuance and offerings of regulatory capital securities and hybrid finance by operating companies.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAcquisition FinanceDerivativesCross-border Financial TransactionsCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationOut-of-Court WorkoutsEarly Stage RestructuringAccounting FraudInsider TradingMarket ManipulationOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActBusiness SuccessionsInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyTelecommunicationsBroadcasting Internet/Cyber LawFilmEntertainmentSportsMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareHealthcare IT/Medical CloudBiotechnologyElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsAerospace/SpaceRobotics/Artificial IntelligenceChemicalsChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Strategic alliance and investment in CATL
- Japan Display Inc. - Additional capital alliance and fund procurement with Ichigo Trust
- KACHIKAIHATSU: Issuance of convertible bonds and share warrants
- TIS Inc. - Strategic alliance with Grab Holdings Inc.
- Japan Display Inc. - Capital alliance with Ichigo Trust and refinancing of debt with INCJ, Ltd.
- KDDI Corporation - Capital and business partnerships with Loyalty Marketing, Inc. and Lawson, Inc.
- Heartseed Inc. - Series B fundraising for cardiac regenerative medicine
- Cool Japan Fund Inc. - Investment in Indonesian information technology giant Go-jek
- Japan Display Inc. - Short-term loan agreement with INCJ, Ltd.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. - Business alliance with Uzabase, Inc.
Amendments to Japan's Foreign Direct Investment Law - Heightened Review of Inbound InvestmentsOthers
Thai Regulation on Foreign Companies (1/2) Business Operation under the Foreign Business ActFinance Law Newsletter
Real Estate Investment Trusts in Thailand Structure, Set-up Conditions, and Income TaxationFinance Law Newsletter
Recent Amendments to Japan’s Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act Concerning Inward Foreign Direct Investment: Some Essential PointsFinance Law Newsletter
Phasing Out LIBOR after 2021: Notes and Legal Considerations Concerning the Cross Industry Committee on Japanese Yen Interest Rate Benchmark’s Public Consultation PaperFinance Law Newsletter