Nishimura & Asahi has extensive experience in a wide range of capital market transactions such as (i) debt/equity offerings and IPOs in Japanese and foreign capital markets (e.g., global offerings, global IPOs, foreign listings, domestic offerings, rights offerings, Euro CBs, Alpine CBs, Euro bonds, MTN program, samurai bonds and POWLs) by various issuers such as Japanese corporations, foreign corporations, Japanese sovereign issuers, foreign governments and foreign sovereign issuers, (ii) public offerings and private placements of other financial instruments such as REIT securities, investment trusts and securitization products (including REITs’ IPO and ETF listings), and (iii) other finance transactions such as third party allotments of equity securities (including equity commitment lines). We provide comprehensive professional legal advice to all parties (e.g., issuers, underwriters and agents) involved in such capital market transactions.
With regard to the secondary markets, we advise securities companies and other financial institutions, issuers, shareholders and other relevant parties in connection with the disclosure documents required under the Japanese securities regulations, timely disclosure documents required under the stock exchange rules, sales of long-held shares, share buy-backs, block trades and other security-related transactions. We also have experience in bond restructuring transactions and debt equity swaps.
Further, we are often involved in transactions that require a high level of expertise, such as issuance and offerings of regulatory capital securities and hybrid finance by operating companies.
- Related practice areas
- M&AJoint VenturesPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAcquisition FinanceDerivativesCross-border Financial TransactionsCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationOut-of-Court WorkoutsEarly Stage RestructuringAccounting FraudInsider TradingMarket ManipulationOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActBusiness SuccessionsInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyTelecommunicationsBroadcasting Internet/Cyber LawFilmEntertainmentSportsMedicine/Medical DevicesMedical Field/HealthcareHealthcare IT/Medical CloudBiotechnologyElectronicsAutomotive & Auto PartsAerospace/SpaceRobotics/Artificial IntelligenceChemicalsChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeMalaysiaPhilippinesIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaMyanmarIndiaOther Asian CountriesTurkey/Middle EastEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS United StatesCanadaBrazilMexicoOther Latin American CountriesAfricaAustralia/New Zealand
- Japan Display Inc. - Alliance with Suwa Investment Holdings, LLC
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of Shire plc
- ITOCHU Corporation: Capital and business alliance with FreakOut Holdings
- Raysum Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of its own shares through a tender offer
- Idemitsu Kosan: Business integration with Showa Shell Sekiyu
- Japan Display Inc. - Capital raising through share issue and sale of factory
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- Toshiba Corporation: USD 6.3 billion share repurchase
- Japan Display Inc. - Transfer of idled plant to INCJ and tie-up with JOLED Inc.
- Shidax Corporation - Sale of stake in Shidax Community Corporation and issuance of preferred stock
The International Comparative Legal Guide to Public Investment Funds 2018 - First Edition: JapanArticles
Client Alert: The FSA of Japan finalized the revisions of the short-selling regulations (September 2013)Finance Law Newsletter