We provide structuring, documentation, legal analysis and advice for various types of financial transactions, from traditional ones to advanced ones, including individual loans, syndicated loans, nonrecourse loans and subordinated/mezzanine loans from private or government-managed financial institutions. We also advise on trading derivatives in various indices, such as currencies, interest, credit events and weather, financial institutions' expansions into new businesses or overseas expansions in terms of compliance with the Banking Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, Trust Business Act, and Insurance Business Act, as well as foreign laws and regulations, and the handling of capital adequacy requirements of financial institutions. Our expertise in domestic and international financial systems allows us to offer legal services that meet the increasingly complex and diversified needs of financial institutions.
- Related practice areas
- Finance Regulations/ComplianceREIT/Real Estate FinanceVenture FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationAsset FinanceProject FinanceAcquisition FinanceDerivativesFinTech BusinessesSecurities Litigation/Disputes Related to Financial ProductsCross-border Financial TransactionsCorporate Reorganization & Civil RehabilitationBankruptcyLiquidation Proceedings/Special Liquidation ProceedingsOut-of-Court WorkoutsEarly Stage RestructuringInheritanceBusiness Successions
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc./Mizuho Bank, Ltd. - Capital and business alliance between Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and IBJ Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Japan Post Holdings Co., Ltd.: Acquisition of stake in Aflac Incorporated
- Nippon Life: Agreement with Deutsche Bank and DWS to invest in DWS
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.: Integration of Trust & Custody Services Bank, Ltd. with Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.
- Seiko Holdings Corporation's subsidiary's establishment of a JV with Development Bank of Japan Inc., divesting its semiconductor business by way of a corporate split
- Citigroup - Sale of Citi Cards Japan, Inc.
- 2014 - 2015
- Citibank Japan Ltd. - Sale of its Retail Banking business
- 2013 - 2015
- Full repayment of the public funds, about 871 billion JPY, by Resona Holdings, Inc.
- 2012 - 2015
- Comprehensive recapitalization and repayment of governmental funds by Aozora Bank
The FATF's Fourth Mutual Evaluation of the AML/CFT Measures will finally take place in Japan starting from the spring of 2019Articles
Phasing Out LIBOR after 2021: Notes and Legal Considerations Concerning the Cross Industry Committee on Japanese Yen Interest Rate Benchmark’s Public Consultation PaperFinance Law Newsletter