Nishimura & Asahi advises various automotive manufacturers and auto parts manufacturers across the globe, including both domestic and global leading manufacturers. As a reflection of the immense range of business activities undertaken in the industry, we provide legal services in a variety of fields including general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, tax, dispute resolution, financing, anti-trust, corporate crisis management and trade commerce.
Among Nishimura & Asahi’s numerous fields of advice, the firm notably advises clients in relation to recall and other market measures that involve particularly complex and difficult legal issues. Further, in the earlier half of the 2010’s, the Japanese auto parts industry was subject to cartel investigations of a competition authority on a global scale, and, along with the automotive industry, investigations of various regulators in relation to mislabeling and safety issues. Nishimura & Asahi endeavors to protect the interests of Japanese clients in relation to concerns in the automotive and auto parts industries as described above by utilizing their global network of firms and working in close co-operation with local law firms across the world in both major and minor jurisdictions.
Nishimura & Asahi provides the highest-quality legal services to the automotive and auto parts manufacturers industry by employing experts in the field and co-collaborating with domestic and overseas offices of the firm to utilize all resources and achieve a positive outcome for our clients.
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd. - Agreement to build new autonomous vehicle with Cruise and General Motors
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Joint venture with Denso Corporation to develop electrification driving modules
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Joint venture to develop software for automated driving
- Honda Motor Co.: Agreement to establish a joint venture company in Indonesia with Panasonic Corporation
- ADVICS Co., Ltd. - Acquisition of the foundation brake business of Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. - Agreement to make Toyota Autoparts Philippines Inc. a subsidiary
- Innovation Network Corporation of Japan: Investment in Dynamic Map Platform
- Renault - Nissan Motor - Daimler