About Nishimura & Asahi
Nishimura & Asahi (“N&A”) is the largest one among the “Big Four” and one of the oldest law firms in Japan, which provides a comprehensive range of legal services in all areas of business law for commercial activities both in Japan and overseas.
In addition to offices located in Japan (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka), in order to strengthen our cross-border practices and enhance our international network, we have established offices in Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta*1, New York, Singapore, Taipei, Yangon and Hong Kong*2.
Marketing and business development careers
With four offices in Japan and twelve overseas offices, we are looking to expand our marketing and business development team at Nishimura & Asahi.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who:
- - Have experience in marketing and business development or client relations roles at global/international law firms, accounting firms, or other professional services firms, in Japan or elsewhere.
If you would like to work at Japan’s biggest law firm, please get in touch:
Nishimura & Asahi Yangon Office (Nishimura & Asahi Myanmar Limited) is seeking legal staff
About N&A Yangon
The Yangon Office of Nishimura & Asahi (“N&A Yangon”) was established in May 2013 to mainly support Japanese companies and entrepreneurs seeking to invest and establish businesses in Myanmar, and those who are seeking to maintain and expand their existing businesses there.
The team at N&A Yangon consists of Japan and Myanmar admitted lawyers, local paralegals and non-legal staff. N&A Yangon has been steadily growing alongside the recent rapid development of Myanmar.
Key responsibilities, which will be performed under the supervision of the representative of the Yangon office and other responsible persons, include:
- - Researching and analyzing legal and business related matters (including gathering information from various sources on a regular basis).
- - Interacting and negotiating with government authorities in order to assist clients in obtaining necessary permits and/or licenses, inquiring about necessary filings, etc.
- - Preparing/drafting legal documents (including documents to be filed with the relevant authorities).
- - Translating documents written in the Myanmar language into English.
- - Accompanying clients and colleagues to meetings, conferences, negotiations, presentations, etc. and providing necessary assistance, including interpretation.
- - Handling official visit arrangements (including making appointments with officials).
- - Business travel within Myanmar (in most cases to Nay Pyi Taw), when necessary.
The key requirements are as follows:
- - Excellent analytical/research/drafting skills, as demonstrated.
- - Excellent communication skills (reading, writing and speaking) in English and the Myanmar language, as demonstrated (Japanese language ability is NOT a prerequisite).
- - Strong command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
- - Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to work with colleagues and communicate professionally with clients, authorities and other relevant parties, as demonstrated.
While we expect applicants to have a strong desire to pursue a career as a legal professional, an LL.B. degree and legal knowledge/experience are NOT prerequisites to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RECRUITMENT IS FOR THE YANGON OFFICE, NOT FOR ANY OF OUR OTHER OFFICES.
- 1. Applicants must submit the following documents by attaching them to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- (1) Application Letter (please explain your reason for applying to N&A Yangon and what you hope to achieve by joining us).
- (2) CV (attach a recent photo and provide a reachable e-mail address and mobile phone number).
- (3) (If applicable) Copy of Test Report Form(s) (TRF) of IELTS or a copy of another report from a recognized English skill examination (e.g., TOEFL) issued within the past two years.
- 2. The submitted documents will be carefully reviewed and only candidates who are of interest will be invited for further assessment, which details will be provided upon the time of invitation. Please note that submitted documents will not be returned.
Thank you for your interest in Nishimura & Asahi.
If you would like to inquire about employment opportunities, please contact us by e-mail.
*You should state which branch office you are interested in working in and the job title that you are applying for.
*If you are an attorney, please state which jurisdiction you are admitted in.