- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesCross-border M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceInfrastructure/PPPElectricity/GasNatural Resources & EnergyUnited StatesCanada
- Admitted in Ontario, Canada (2008)
Registered as a Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi (2015)
Peter assists Japanese and global entities on a wide range of complex cross-border commercial transactional areas, including mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment and finance, dispute resolution and crisis management.
His practice has a particular focus on cross-border energy and infrastructure projects, including providing advice with respect to the financing and structuring of projects as well as the negotiation and drafting of Operation and Maintenance contracts and engineering and construction contracts.
Peter also has expertise in managing complex regulatory and corporate crisis matters with multi-jurisdictional or parallel civil and criminal components and is regularly asked to assist clients with respect to the investigation and resolution of high profile and particularly sensitive matters.
He also frequently represents clients in connection with cross-border business investments, including mergers and acquisitions, the establishment of joint venture entities as well as licensing and distribution agreements.
Peter is a registered foreign lawyer (gaikokuho jimu bengoshi) and is fluent in Japanese.
- Osgoode Hall Law School at York University (J.D.)
- Columbia University (B.A.)
- 2011 - 2018
- Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, Tokyo
- 2010 - 2011
- Baker & McKenzie GJBJ Tokyo Aoyama Aoki Koma Law Office, Tokyo
- 2008 - 2010
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, Toronto, Canada