Frankfurt / Düsseldorf | Frankfurt & Düsseldorf Offices Co-Representative
- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&ACross-border M&ACorporate & Commercial TransactionsCross-border RestructuringIP LitigationIP TransactionsTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationCyber SecurityCross-border Transactions (General)Internet/Cyber LawAutomotive & Auto PartsRobotics/Artificial IntelligenceEU & EU Member StatesEuropean Countries (except EU Member States)/Russia/CIS
- Admitted in Japan (2006)
Admitted in New York (2017)
Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
Noriya Ishikawa serves as co-representative of our offices in Frankfurt and Düsseldorf, Germany. He is a partner at Nishimura & Asahi, specializing in the area of data protection.
He won 1st prize in the "Most Successful Lawyers in 2019 in the Area of Data Protection” sponsored by NIKKEI Inc. (a Japanese media organization with newspaper publishing).
He advises national and international clients from various industries, especially on multi-national data protection law projects such as drafting policy, data transfer agreements and out-sourcing agreements, IT compliance questions, and data breach issues. He also leads Nishimura & Asahi’s local Asian branch counsels in multi-national data protection law projects.
- Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (LL.M.)
- University of Virginia School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2020 -
- Co-representative of Frankfurt & Düsseldorf Offices
- 2019 -
- Advisor, Japan DPO Association
- 2019 -
- Outside Corporate Auditor, QON Inc.
- Noerr LLP, Munich, Germany
- 2013 - 2015
- 2012 - 2015
- 2012 - 2013