- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsCorporate & Commercial TransactionsLobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public Policy
- Admitted in Japan (2005)
Admitted in New York (2013)
Mr. Tatsumi mainly advises clients on international and domestic corporate transactions such as mergers, MBOs/LBOs, joint ventures, venture capital investments and other types of M&A transactions, as well as general corporate matters and commercial disputes relating to such corporate transactions; advising major business companies, financial institutions, and private equity funds, both in Japan and overseas.
Mr. Tatsumi is one of only a few lawyers in Japan who has been seconded as an attorney to the Ministry of Justice, and during his tenure there he had a significant role in important governmental activities, such as the amendment of the Companies Act.
Drawing on his significant expertise and deep knowledge, he has authored numerous books and articles in the area of M&A, as well as general corporate law. These publications provide practical solutions to complex legal issues, and bolster Mr. Tatsumi's reputation as a highly respected legal practitioner.
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2018 -
- Nishimura & Asahi NY LLP
- Member, The Companies Act Advisory Group for the JICA Legal and Judicial Development Assistance Project in Myanmar
- Examiner, The Japanese Bar Examination (Commercial Law)
- 2013 - 2015
- The Ministry of Justice, the Civil Affairs Bureau (specializing in the Companies Act)
- 2012 - 2013
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago