- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate & Commercial TransactionsInternational TaxationBrazilMexicoOther Latin American Countries
- Admitted in Japan (2004)
Makoto Shimizu is an M&A/corporate partner at Nishimura & Asahi. He has advised on a number of cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions for a variety of clients including business entities, financial institutions and private equity funds. He is also actively involved in the Latin American Practice Group of Nishimura & Asahi and provides legal advice to clients that operate businesses in Brazil and other Latin American countries.
- The University of Washington School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2015 -
- Outside director, euglena Co.,Ltd.
- 2013 - 2014
- Pinheiro Neto Advogados, Sao Paulo
- 2012 - 2013
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, New York