Yutaro Kawabata frequently acts as counsel in international arbitrations under the UNCITRAL, ICC, JCAA and other institutional rules, and court litigations in all tiers of the Japanese judicial system.
During his career at Nishimura & Asahi, he has represented numerous multinational companies in various industries, such as the automobile, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, apparel and franchise industries.
Mr. Kawabata’ s ambition is to provide efficient and practical services to clients in relation to disputes with international aspects using his experience of many years spent living outside of Japan. He also focuses on providing advice on the resolution of commercial disputes, in particular termination of capital and business alliances and termination of continuous long term contracts under Japanese law.
He has co-authored books and articles on international arbitration, including the IBA Arbitration Guide (Japan Chapter), Arbitration World and The International Arbitration Review.
- Keio University, Faculty of Law
- Herbert Smith LLP, London
- 2009 -
- Keio University, Faculty of Policy Management and Faculty of Environment and Information Studies Lecturer
- 2009 -
- Member of the International Bar Association
- 2007 -
- Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- 2006 - 2008
- Japan Arbitration Association, Deputy Secretary
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.