- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- Corporate GovernanceCapital MarketsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceStructured Finance/SecuritizationFinTech BusinessesInsider TradingOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActLobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public PolicyEducational Activities
- Admitted in Japan (2002)
Naoya Ariyoshi specializes in finance transactions, especially in the areas of securitization and structured finance, and trust transactions, and in finance regulations.
With respect to the field of finance transactions, his extensive experience includes securitization transactions regarding a wide variety of receivables and other asset classes as a legal counsel for originators, arrangers, or trustees, and he has worked on structured finance transactions involving various schemes, including those achieved for the first time ever in Japan. He has a great deal of experience, not only advising on typical trust transactions, but also engaging in the development of new trust products and complicated trust schemes.
In addition, as he has worked at the Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, the Planning and Coordination Bureau, the Financial Services Agency of Japan, and has experience engaging in the planning of the financial regulations there, in addition to his skills developed through his experience as a lawyer in the area of finance, he has acquired a detailed knowledge of various financial regulations; accordingly, he has provided advice to many financial institutions, including banks, trust banks, securities firms, insurance companies, and nonbanks. He also has a great deal of experience advising companies with respect to the application of the financial regulations on novel transactions or products.
Furthermore, he has frequently written and spoken on a wide range of topics, involving legal systems and finance practice, and has been appointed as a member of various study groups and working groups in this area; thus, he is recognized as an opinion leader in the field of finance law.
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2018 -
- Specially-appointed professor, Musashino University Graduate School of Law
- 2013 -
- Lecturer, Kyoto University Law School
- 2010 - 2011
- Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- 2009 -
- A committee member, Financial Law Board