- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsVenture FinanceReal EstateCivil LitigationLabor DisputesIP TransactionsComplianceWTO/Regional Trade AgreementsCross-border Transactions (General)Natural Resources & EnergyChinaHong KongKoreaTaiwanSingaporeIndonesiaThailandVietnam/Mekong AreaOther Asian Countries
- Admitted in Japan (2001)
Admitted in New York (2008)
Hiroko Shibata is a partner in the M&A and Corporate Group at Nishimura & Asahi.
In addition to her in-depth experience handling various M&A transactions, Ms. Shibata has advised extensively on corporate governance rules and labor regulations in Japan, which many foreign clients face when developing their businesses in Japan.
- School of Law, University of California, Berkeley (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2008 - 2009
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2007 - 2008
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, New York
- 2015 - 2016