- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- Corporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingAsset Management/FundsREIT/Real Estate FinanceStructured Finance/SecuritizationProject FinanceCross-border Financial TransactionsReal EstateEnvironmental LawCross-border Transactions (General)Natural Resources & EnergyMedical Field/Healthcare
- Admitted in Japan (1999)
Admitted in New York (2006)
Mr. Maeda is a partner with expertise in transactions involving the acquisition of, development of, investment into, and financing of, Japanese renewable energy projects. He has represented domestic and foreign investors, developers and lenders, including infrastructure funds, energy companies and financial institutions from the U.S., Europe and Asia in numerous green-field and brown-field projects.
Mr. Maeda also has expertise in transactions involving the acquisition of, investment into, and financing of, Japanese real estate assets. He has expertise in developing innovative types of investment and financing structures. He has represented domestic and foreign investors, including investment funds, financial institutions, investment managers and developers from the U.S., Europe and Asia, in numerous investment and development projects involving sophisticated structures. He also has represented lenders in numerous structured finance transactions involving real estate assets. In addition, his expertise extends to restructuring of distressed real estate asset investments.
Mr. Maeda’s transactional experience includes representation of major investment funds and financial institutions in their establishment of Japanese investment platforms as well as investments into Japanese real estate assets using the TMK and GK-TK structures and restructuring of Japanese real estate asset investments.
Mr. Maeda also has extensive experience in inbound cross-border financing transactions for the Japanese operations of multi-national corporations. He has worked on inbound financing transactions under global debt facilities for multi-national corporations headquartered in Asia and other parts of the world. These transactions have involved collateral consisting of various types of assets and have employed a wide variety of credit support structures.
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in American Law)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2013 -
- Member, J-Credit Scheme Steering Committee, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Ministry of Environment and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- 2012 -
- Member, Japan Verified Emission Reduction(J-VER) Steering Committee, Ministry of the Environment
- 2011 - 2012
- Member, Japan Verified Emission Reduction(J-VER) Certification Committee, Ministry of the Environment
- 2005 - 2006
- Dechert LLP, Finance and Real Estate Group, Philadelphia