- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCorporate GovernanceCorporate & Commercial TransactionsBankingInsuranceFinance Regulations/ComplianceAsset Management/FundsVenture FinanceFinTech BusinessesPersonal Data & Privacy/Big Data BusinessesCorporate Crisis ManagementComplianceAccounting FraudMarket ManipulationOther Breaches of the Financial Instruments & Exchange ActMoney LaunderingCross-border Transactions (General)Lobbying & Contributing to Planning & Enacting of Public Policy
- Admitted in Japan (1998)
Admitted in New York (2005)
I have worked as a Deputy Director, Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency from 2005 through 2007, and was engaged in revisions of the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (sections dealing with TOB, Large Shareholding Reporting System, and Internal Control Reporting System) and the Certified Public Accountants Act. I wrote "a Detailed Explanation of Large Shareholding Reporting System" (2016, Shojihomu) and have detailed knowledge about the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law, and currently one of my main fields is regulatory matters for financial institutions, including insurance companies, securities firms, banks, asset management companies, and venture capital companies. I have dealt with the establishment of many venture funds and many venture investment cases. I have wide-ranging experience in the field of insurance (including regulatory matters, insurance payment examinations, mergers and acquisitions, and insolvency), and have experience with corporate crisis management and compliance for financial institutions. I also have experience of numerous mergers and acquisitions cases. In addition, as a member of the ERM study group at the Japan Internal Control Research Association, I am engaged in the reporting of "the study about positioning and utilization of the ERM in new COSO," and I participated in the writing, by members, of the 15th research report of the Committee of Rules in the Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants Association, titled "the judgment precedents about the legal responsibility of external auditors," and I have knowledge in the fields of corporate governance and accounting and audit. Moreover, I deal widely with other general legal services for companies, including general corporate matters and Internet business transactions.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- Chuo University (LL.B.)
- 2005 - 2007
- Financial Services Agency (Planning and Coordination Bureau, Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division)
- 2004 - 2005
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, L.L.P., New York
- 1998 - 1999
- Tokyo City Law & Tax Partners
- For details, please contact the lawyer/professional.