- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCivil LitigationIP LitigationPL LitigationAlternative Dispute ResolutionInternational LitigationIP TransactionsTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionComplianceInternal Investigations & Outside InvestigationsAccounting FraudInsider TradingCartels & Bid-riggingOther Breaches of Antitrust LawsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasAct Against Delay in Payment of Subcontract Proceeds to SubcontractorsProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationAccidents, Deception, Misrepresentation of Products & FoodFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementCompetition Law/Antitrust LawCompetition/Antitrust Compliance & PlanningCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsCross-border Transactions (General)
- Admitted in Japan (1994)
Takashi Michishita is a partner in the Tokyo office of Nishimura & Asahi LPC. Mr. Michishita has more than 15 years’ experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and general business transactions. Mr. Michishita regularly advises a wide variety of companies ranging from the largest listed companies to small businesses on general corporate, antitrust, intellectual property, litigation and other legal matters.
Mr. Michishita is a graduate of the University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1992) and New York University School of Law (LL.M. (Trade Regulation / Intellectual Property and Competition Law), 2001). Mr. Michishita passed the bar examination of the state of New York in 2001 (unregistered as an attorney in the state), and served as a lecturer (civil law) at the University of Tokyo in 2007.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2016 -
- Outside Statutory Auditor, Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- Lecturer, The University of Tokyo
- 2015 - 2017