- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityStartups & Venture CapitalCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesIncorporated Associations & FoundationsCorporate & Commercial TransactionsCivil LitigationIP LitigationPL LitigationAlternative Dispute ResolutionInternational LitigationIP TransactionsTrade Secrets/Unfair CompetitionComplianceInternal Investigations & Outside InvestigationsAccounting FraudInsider TradingCartels & Bid-riggingOther Breaches of Antitrust LawsHandling Breaches of Antitrust Laws & Competition Law OverseasAct Against Delay in Payment of Subcontract Proceeds to SubcontractorsProtection of Commercial Secrets & Customer InformationAccidents, Deception, Misrepresentation of Products & FoodFraud of Directors & Employees such as EmbezzlementCompetition Law/Antitrust LawCompetition/Antitrust Compliance & PlanningCompetition/Antitrust Merger Regulations & FilingsCross-border Transactions (General)
- Admitted in Japan (1994)
Takashi Michishita has more than 25 years’ experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and general business transactions. He regularly advises a wide variety of companies ranging from the largest listed companies to small to medium businesses in manufacturing, logistics and other services, retail, IT and other industries on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate, antitrust, intellectual property, litigation and other legal matters.
Mr. Michishita is a graduate of the University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1992) and New York University School of Law (LL.M. (Trade Regulation / Intellectual Property and Competition Law), 2001). He passed the bar examination of the state of New York in 2001 (unregistered as an attorney in the state), and served as a lecturer (civil law) at the University of Tokyo in 2007.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- 2016 -
- Outside Statutory Auditor, Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- Lecturer, The University of Tokyo
- 2015 - 2017