- Japanese English
- Practice areas:
- M&AJoint VenturesDefense against Hostile Takeover/Shareholder ActivismPrivate EquityCross-border M&ACorporate GovernanceShareholders' Meetings & Relationships with ShareholdersCorporate DisputesCorporate & Commercial TransactionsReal EstateInternational LitigationCross-border Transactions (General)Global ComplianceNatural Resources & EnergyMedicine/Medical Devices
- Admitted in Japan (1991)
Admitted in New York (1996)
Promoted to partner in 1999.
Experienced in NP loans, real property, and equity investment cases dealing with foreign capital funds and companies.
In addition to domestic M&A and business integration cases, recently engaged in many M&A and JV cases by Japanese corporations in the USA, Europe, and Asian countries.
Advised in lawsuits on behalf of Japanese corporations in the USA and other overseas countries, and extended experience in the dispute settlement and risk management fields.
Won many awards in the Corporate/M&A and Healthcare fields from business law reviews, such as Chambers and Best Lawyers.
- The University of Chicago Law School (LL.M.)
- Waseda University (LL.B.)
- 2018 -
- Auditor, Organization for PPP Promotion Suport
- 2017 -
- Auditor, Construction Project Delivery System Council
- 2017 -
- Member, Committee regarding Selection of Organizer of International Exhibition Center, Aichi Prefecture
- 2016 -
- Member, Third Party Committee regarding PPP of Toll Roads Business, Aichi Prefecture
- 2012 -
- Auditor, Susaki Welfare Foundation
- Member, Committee regarding PPP of Toll Roads Business, Aichi Prefecture
- Member, Committee regarding Formation for Sustainable Town, MLIT
- 2002 -
- Arbitrator Candidate, Daini Tokyo Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Acquisition by Powertech Technology Inc. Group (a TWSE-listed company) of a shareholding in Tera Probe Inc. (a Mothers-listed company) through a public Tender Offer Bid (TOB) from Micron Technology Inc. Group (a NASDAQ-listed company).
The Integration of the small- and medium-sized display businesses of Toshiba Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd., and Sony Corporation through the acquisition of the three companies' subsidiaries by Innovation Network Corporation of Japan.
- 2010 - 2012