Representation and Warranty Insurance in Japanese M&A TransactionsOthers
This edition of The Corporate Counselor discusses the mechanics and advantages of using insurance to cover breaches of representations and warranties in M&A transactions, limitations of this insurance in M&A transactions, and local nuances and traps for the unwary when using insurance to cover breaches of representations and warranties in Japanese M&A transactions.
Co-Author: Brent Bell, Marsh Japan, Inc.
Also published in The M&A Lawyer Volume 22, Issue 7, p. 13-21 (Thomson Reuters), July / August 2018.
- Corporate Counselor No.25 Representation and Warranty Insurance in Japanese M&A Transactions (170KB / 7 pages)
- The M&A Lawyer Volume 22, Issue 7: Representation and Warranty Insurance in Japanese M&A Transactions (194 KB / 9 pages)
- Related pages
- Corporate Counselor No.24 Minority Investment Exits in Japan
- Corporate Counselor No.23 Joint Venture Termination Surprises
- Corporate Counselor No.22 Corporate Splits in Japan
- Corporate Counselor No.21 Employee Invention Rights Pivot
- Corporate Counselor No.20 Handling Personal Information in Japanese M&A Transactions
- Corporate Counselor No.19 Sexual Harrassment and Director Residency Update
- Corporate Counselor No.18 Stamp Taxes in Japan
- Corporate Counselor No.17 Due Diligence in Japanese M&A Transactions
- Corporate Counselor No.16 New Method to Squeezing Out Minority Shareholders
- Corporate Counselor No.15 MINORITY INVESTMENTS IN JAPANESE PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANIES
- Corporate Counselor No.14 LETTERS OF INTENT IN JAPANESE M&A TRANSACTIONS
- Corporate Counselor No.13 THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA WITH DISCRIMINATING FASHION – AN OVERVIEW OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS IN JAPAN
- Corporate Counselor No.12 A MATTER OF FATCA AND COMPLIANCE UNDER JAPANESE DATA PRIVACY LAWS
- Corporate Counselor No.11 NUANCES OF CONDUCTING A CORPORATE INTERNAL INVESTIGATION IN JAPAN
- Corporate Counselor No.10 ESTABLISHING A SUBSIDIARY IN JAPAN - THE CHOICE BETWEEN A KABUSHIKI KAISHA AND A GODO KAISHA
- Corporate Counselor No.9 GRANTS OF OVERSEAS PARENT COMPANY STOCK OPTIONS - A SWEET AND SOUR PERK
- Corporate Counselor No.8 PROTECTING CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN JAPAN - HOW TO AVOID A ROOKIE MISTAKE
- Corporate Counselor No.7 TO BE A DIRECTOR OR NOT BE A DIRECTOR - WHAT IS THE PROTECTION? (Part II)
- Corporate Counselor No.6 TO BE A DIRECTOR OR NOT BE A DIRECTOR - THAT IS THE QUESTION
- Corporate Counselor No.5(1,2) Squeezing Out Minority Shareholders - A New Beginning to An End?
- Corporate Counselor No.4 Choice of governing law under Japanese law
- Corporate Counselor No.2 THE APPRAISAL PROCESS IN SQUEEZE-OUTS—DISSENTING SHAREHOLERS MAY HAVE THE LAST LAUGH
- Corporate Counselor No.1 SQUEEZING OUT MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS - WHO'S REALLY BEING SQUEEZED?